Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Ruffled Camera Strap

Inspired by THIS tutorial on how to make a camera strap cover, I got out my scrap fabric and tried to make my own version (minus the rosettes). I didn't measure and just sized up my scraps to my camera strap-I would NOT recommend doing this as it ended up taking a lot longer to complete and I did run into a few hiccups.....lesson learned: always measure, then cut. Here are a few photos of my project along the way:
Here are the scraps I chose. The very top one is actually a piece of thin cotton
batting that I wanted to used to pad the back side of the strap.

I wanted the part of the camera strap that would be resting on my neck to have a little padding, so I quilted my batting scrap to the fabric I wanted to use for the back of my strap.
 A close up of the quilting:

 Just like the tutorial said, the hardest part was turning everything right side out!

Here is a few shots of the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment