Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Dry Erase Picture Frame Project/Tutorial!

I first saw THIS dry erase picture frame tutorial back around Valentine's Day and I HAD to make it. I loved it so much that when I was trying to come up with a craft for the 8-12 year old girls at church to make I knew they would love it too! So here is my trial run:

5 x 7 picture frame from Dollar Tree, $1
Acrylic Craft Paint in cobalt, $.80
Dry erase markers from Dollar Tree, $1 for 2


Step 1: Take the glass out of the frame and paint the frame.
The frame I purchased was plastic and so it took 3 coats of paint to get it all covered. Next time I may consider doing a primer coat first....


Step 2: Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge.
The acrylic paint will dry a matte finish and if you are happy with the way it looks, then you do not need to complete this step. I personally prefer a super glossy finish and once the Mod Podge dries that is exactly what you get! I love this stuff. (p.s. don't panic when you first put it on and it turns your frame a milky white color...it should be clear once it is dry).




Step 3: Put glass and scrapbooked page back in frame and glue embelishments to frame:
If you are wondering how to make the rolled ribbon/fabric flowers, check out THIS tutorial.



Step 4: Write 2 things each day you are thankful for!









No comments:

Post a Comment