Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A new project....



This week I have been testing out a few felt flower tutorials that I found on pinterest with the goal to make some headbands for a newborn. I ended up NOT liking how large the flowers were turning out-they would have been great for a toddler, but I was looking for something much more dainty. So I ended up modifying the patterns and even created a felt flower all my own design.

Here are the instructions for a sweet little two-toned flower I made (it's the little purple flower in the photo above):

What you will need:
  1. Felt. I went to Michaels and bought the cheapy 9"x12" felt craft sheets. You will need 2 different colors for the flower itself and then a green for the leaves.
  2. Pen and paper for making your template
  3. Sharp scissors
  4. Needle and thread or a hot glue gun
  5. Plastic pearl, button, or other embellishment for the center of your finished flower.












I chose to sew my flower together because I wanted the plastic pearl I used as the center to be secured to the flower.

This flower was so fast and easy and I love that it won't be over powering. I ordered some skinny elastic that I plan to sew this flower onto to make a headband. Please remember that these felt flower can be choking hazards so you should never let a child/baby wear it without supervision.

Feel free to make and sell flowers from this tutorial, but please link back or credit my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment